... but I refuse(d) to do this on a regular basis. So, last Thursday, I concluded that there had to be other ways to hide dirty hair, and wore my short red wig to work. I got a number of double-takes and compliments, but my favorite moment occurred when we (my boss, a fellow intern, and myself) met with the liaison to the printer. Her own hair is cut fashionably and seems to be quite bleached.
Lady: I LOVE your haircolor!
Me: Thanks! It's not natural! XD
I located my Lodoss tapes and watched a few episodes after Leaf is introduced. Her armor fits differently than I had remembered, as it has two separate main pieces for her torso instead of one solid ... the bottom of the top back is arched ... all which makes building it both easier and yet somehow, still strangely complicated when chickenwire is added to the equation. I have come to the conclusion that the blacksmiths must've built her armor around her and that she bathes in it ... because I cannot see for the life of me how she gets in and out of it.
So we come to the good ol' question of accuracy vs. ease. I have nothing against adding personal touches to costumes (as long as we're not talking something super out of character or design), so I'm going to make both her chest and waist pieces in two segments, which I will lace up on the sides. This way I can get into it easily and (theoretically) by myself.
I have numerous scratches and cuts from working on it yesterday, of course. Today's major injuries consist of a cut about a centimeter long along the joint of my right pinky finger and a stab wound underneath my left thumbnail. That one hurt.
But, I am not to be defeated by chickenwire, no matter how severe my wounds! As of this writing, I have a wire frame for a front piece, a back piece (this one is questionable in fit, I think ...), and one armlet.
I'm probably going to develop callouses on my arms, or something.
Current Score: Chickenwire = 0, Sakaki = 1