- I can't decide if Ziyi Zhang's dancing is elegant, or if it's like watching someone convulse. Her stylized, breathy singing is definitely not my cup of tea.
- Both lead males attempt rape, which brings my opinion of them down below sea level. I'm not sure why these scenes are even necessary. It's hard to watch a movie when two out of three leads make you want to stab something.
- It's a good thing that lime green is totally not my color, or I'd add a Flying Dagger outfit to my list of things to do.
- The drawings in the "Costumes Gallery" special section are ... awful.
- There's only one character in the film I like, and we don't even get to see her face! The mysterious Nia is almost the only person in the entire damn movie who has a lick of common sense. "You can't force a woman against her will." Damn straight. Damn effing straight.
- "You made me kill you," or "You made me kill her!" Uh-huh. Right. Can you go die in a most horrible fashion now? Way to be a dumbass. I am not impressed.
- "HAHAHAHA! OH MY GOD! SHE'S RISING UP FROM THE SNOW! SHE'S A ZOMBIE!! CHINESE ZOMBIE MOVIE!!!!" .... only not. Damn!
I'm just going to assume that Lover #1 bleeds to death in a snowstorm. Lover #2 (Mr. Wind) will probably freeze to death. I'll be satisfied then.
It's snowing! Auuuuugh!